Monday, December 1, 2008

Calling Earl. Shouting Groceries. Making Street Pizza

We had a lovely few days of celebrating with family. Our family shares everything. Unfortunately that sometimes includes sharing the things we'd rather they didn't.
In the wee hours of Sunday morning I heard a sound that every mother dreads. Hoooaaah! The words just don't do it justice. I've heard it described many ways. Puking, Up-chucking, Ralphing. But my favorite description (and the title of this post) comes from a past episode of NCIS.
* * *
Gibbs: Where's McGee?
Tony: (standing outside the bathroom) Calling Earl... shouting groceries... making street pizza...
* * *
Yep, three of my kids have spent the last 48 hours calling Earl, shouting groceries and/or making street pizza.
Stomach flu is the W.O.R.S.T. But whattaya gonna do? I hauled everyone out into the family room with pillows,blankets and bowls, covered the couches and floors with various flat sheets (makes for easier clean-up) and that's how we spent the night.


This morning I drove the healthy kids to school and went to Maverick for supplies:


I prefer to serve clear Gatorade in situations like these, but light colored Gatorade and Sprite will do just fine. By the way...The Dr. Pepper is just to get ME through the day.

I'm praying that no one else in the family gets it.

Since we are on such a lovely subject. What's your favorite euphemism for throw-up? Just wondering.

5 comments:

Vennesa said...

From Wayne's World "If you're gonna spew, spew into this."
All 5 out of my kids were also able to share in this hurling adventure.(4 in one night, 1 the next). My washer and dryer were busier than a one legged River dancer.

veronica said...

And wasn't it fun?
You made me laugh out loud with your River Dancing reference. So visual!

Unknown said...

Just be grateful you all got to take care of your kids at home rather than at the Hospital!!

Vanessa said...

Buick. I don't know why, but my dad always says it. It sounds better when he says it in his weird voice. Hang in there!

Kristina P. said...

Oh, that totally sucks!