Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday First Timer


I said I wouldn't do it. I mocked those who did. I did it. I may never do it again.

The alarm went off at 3:45am. We were out the door by 4:15. Arrived at Sports Authority at 4:40am. Apparently the line had begun to form at about the time my alarm went off. It now stretched around the corner. (The above picture is not the store we went to, but if looking at it gives you a queasy feeling in the pit of your stomach, then it has served it's purpose.)
We were one of the first 100 people in line and each got $10 Holiday Cash to spend, but I was amazed at the sheer number of people crazy enough to wake up before dawn just to save a buck. I was in awe. And a little uptight. (I don't like crowds or people. I especially don't like crowds OF people.)

After we got the few items we needed, we decided to go to Kohls.

Oh.My.Heck! (I'd have used a stronger word, but there are pre-school toys present.)

There were 4 different check-out lines stretched throughout the store with at least 100 people waiting in each line. We walked in one door and out the other. I still haven't been back. (And that's saying a lot since I have almost $200 worth of Kohls gift cards burning a hole in my pocket!)

I was done. We went home. Our kids weren't yet awake and didn't even know that we had gone anywhere. I climbed into bed and took a 3 hour nap. The mister went to work.

This post was brought to you by the number 3 and the letter C...for CAFFEINE.

No comments: