Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Don't Cry for Me Argentina

Last week we had a "Girl's Night" at my parents house. My sister served a mission in Argentina and she and her former mission companion (now honorary sister) agreed to cook us dinner. Argentine Style! (Here we have: sister #3, sister #4, sister #1, me, "missionary" sister #5, "missionary companion"/honorary sister #6, Mom. FYI: I didn't number them to choose favorites, it's by birth-order. I love you all equally!)

We had some YUMMY stuff! Empanadas with beef, hard boiled egg and onion inside. (these were my favorite!)
They even let us help (a little).

Here's what was on the menu: Empanadas, Milanese de Pollo (Chicken Milanesa), Tortilla de papa (like a frittata with swiss chard), Ensalada Rusa (Russian Salad *huh?* apparently very popular in Argentina) and for dessert.....
Bizcochuelo. This is a sponge cake that was topped with Dulce de Leche. Creamy caramelized goodness!

Thanks Sis! Let's do it again!

10 comments:

mCat said...

It looks like fuN! Is it sad to say that what appealed to me most was the can of Dr Pepper? I really gotta get over these food issues before me Elder comes home, he wants to cook stuff like this for us too.....
Oh, and how lucky are you for all those sisters???!!!!

Vennesa said...

That was a fun night! My favorite was the chicken Milanese (Italian chicken, Russian Salad?). And the best part of the cake was that the only fat in the whole recipe was 1 TB oil.
-Sister #1

Kristina P. said...

What?!?! How awesome is that!!

BTW, thank you so much for the lip gloss. I love it! You are so adorable and fun. It was great to see you again.

Vanessa said...

YUM! Bundt cake...delish!

Elton went to the Dominican Republic. He said all they ate was rice and beans. I'll pass.

tammy said...

Looks yummy. I would like to be an adopted sister please.

Anonymous said...

dang! that looks like fun and oh so good!

Chelle said...

Yummy! I have been having dreams about that cake ever since! I think I'll make it just for fun! We need to have girls nights more often. Vennesa, Wanna make us Italian food from your mission next?!
-Sister #3 (aka sister #1)

Me (aka Danielle) said...

What a fun little get together! It all looks and sounds so good..I think I'm hungry now!

Maren said...

Does that make you sister #2 then? lol Whichever the order, it looks like you all had a blast! :)

Omgirl said...

Oh my gosh, Argentine empanadas! I would DIE for some. We had ARgentine friends growing up and they used to makethem for us. MMMmmm!