Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blessed

This past weekend I made an executive decision. 
I decided to take the weekend off. 
Partly out of necessity, but mostly because I wanted to.
So I borrowed a baby...
And I did a little of this.
And a little of this.
And some of this.

And I didn't even look at my dirty kitchen.
Or the piles of laundry.
Or the un-vacuumed carpets.

And you know what?
One of the kids eventually cleaned the kitchen.
My husband did a whole lot of laundry.
Another kid vacuumed the family room.

I checked out and life went on. 
The world continued to turn on it's axis. 
The sun rose and set without my giving it a second thought. 
The internets kept on internetting. 
I could complain and say that I'm not needed. 
That everyone's just fine without me.

Instead,
I'm grateful.
Grateful for kids who know how to clean.
Grateful for a husband who knows how (and more importantly is willing) to do laundry.
Grateful for a nice home where I am warm and safe and cared for.
Grateful for sisters who bring dinner and lend babies.
Grateful for good books and 3G networks.
Some might say I'm a lucky girl.
I'm not lucky.
I'm blessed.


Speaking of blessed...that sweet baby is Haizyn May and she was blessed on Sunday. Isn't she cute?

9 comments:

Vennesa said...

Sounds like a good weekend!
What book are you reading.
and i still want to borrow that Lemon Tart one. Did you see there's another one out in the Deseret book catalog?

Vanessa said...

Did you eventually give the baby back?

Way to take a break and let the others help out!

Chelle said...

That is the cutest baby ever!! :) Thanks again for watching her. I wish I could sit and snuggle her while the house work got done, but my kids are all too little to take on that task. Hey, you got to borrow my baby...can I borrow your 15 yr old? I doubt he'd let me snuggle him on the couch like that, but I do have loads and loads of laundry that need to be folded!

Kristina P. said...

You look very comfortable.

Caroline said...

Do you take two year olds? And do you travel? ;)

tammy said...

You are a lucky girl.

Camille said...

Love this post! My twin just had a baby yesterday. I have a feeling I'll be doing the same thing with her :)

tiburon said...

Now I want to cuddle a baby! Looks like fun :

mCat said...

This is a nice kind of break! And I love her name!